Socket weld flange simplified as SW flange, it has a recessed area (like a shoulder) in the flange bore, this shoulder serves as a guide to set the depth of the pipe that inserted to the flange. Socket welding flange initially designed for high pressure small diameters piping system.
Face: Raised face, Flat face, RTJ facing.
These pipe flanges are attached by inserting the pipe into the socket end and applying fillet weld around the top. This allows for a smooth bore and better flow of the fluid or gas inside of the pipe. The connection with the pipe is done with 1 fillet weld, at the outside of the flange. But before welding, a space must be created between flange or fitting and pipe.
- Water supply facilities
- Food industrial pipelines
- Chemical industrial pipelines
- Electronic industrial pipelines
- Air conditioning facility pipelines
- Agriculture and garden production transportation
- Pipeline network for solar energy facility