BW Equal Tee ASME B16.9 Pipe Fittings
BW equal tee is always used in piping system to branch the pipes.ASME B16.9 Pipe Fittings are butt welded fittings in American Standard.Pipe tees can be equal tee and reducing tee.These tees have same functions,the only difference is reducing tee can reduce the flow in piping system.
BW equal tee is the most used tee among all types of tees.ASME B16.9 pipe fittings are butt welded fittings according to American Standard.
Steel pipe tee
Steel tee is a T-shaped pipe fitting with three branch pipes. It is used to divide pipes to adjust flow and change direction.
Equal diameter tee, also known as straight tee, the branch diameter of the tee is the same as the pipe diameter of the tee.
The reducing tee has two outlets cut at 90 degrees with the main pipe, and the size of the branch pipe is smaller than the port of the pipeline.
- Good general corrosion resistance and high strength
- Good sulfide stress corrosion resistance
- Resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion
- Higher resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Easy to weld and conform
|Size Range||1/2″ – 80″ / DN15 – 2000|
|Thickness Schedule||SCH 10,SCH 10S, SCH 20, SCH 40,SCH 40S, STD, XS,SCH 80, SCH 80S, SCH 100, SCH 120, SCH 160, XXS|
|China Standard||GB/T12459, GB/T13401, HG/T21635/21631, SH3408/3409|
|America Standard||ANSI / ASME B16.9 / MSS SP 43|
|apan Standard||JIS B2311/2312/2313|
|Carbon Steel||Q235, 20#, 35#, 45#, 20G,ASTM A234 WPB/WPC|
|Low Temp Carbon Steel||Q345B, 16Mn, ASTM A420 WPL6|
|Pipeline Steel||ASTM A860 WPHY 42 / 46 / 56 / 60 / 65|
|Alloy Steel||ASTM A234 WP11 / WP12 / WP 5 / WP9 / WP91 / WP92,15CrMoG, 12Cr1MoVG, 12Cr5Mo, 1Cr5Mo, Cr9Mo, 10CrMo910, 12CrMo4-5|
|Stainless Steel||ASTM A403 WP304/304L/304H, 316/316L, 310S, 321, 317,347,904L|
|Duplex Stainless Steel||ASTM A815 S32205, S31803, 32750, 32760|
Equal Tee VS Reducing Tee
- Steel Equal Tee pipe fittings: The three branches of tee have same diameters.
- Steel Reducing Tee: The branch diameter is smaller than the main line diameter. Tee reducer is usually described as NPS diameters in 4”x 4”x 3”, 4”is the main line pipe diameter, and 3”is the reducing branch.
- Oil and gas transmissions
- Petroleum and Oil refining
- Water treatment systems
- Chemical Industries