BW Reducer Elbow ASME B16.9 Fittings
BW reducer and elbow both commonly used pipe fittings used welding type to connect with pipes and transport flow in piping system.ASME B16.9 fittings are butt welded fittings according to American Standard.
Butt welded is a commonly used connection for pipes and fittings.BW fittings including Elbow, Tee, Cross, Bend, Reducer, Cap, Stub End.ASME B16.9 fittings is represent butt welded fittings in American Standard.
The end of Butt welded fittings are connected to the pipe system by butt welding.Butt weld fittings provide permanent leak-proof performance.BW fittings could made from seamless or welded pipe,and then through several processes formed to get the shape of pipe fittings.
Reducer is a common used butt welded fitting.
BW reducer has two types:Concentric and Eccentric
The two ends of concentric reducer are designed with large diameter and small diameter, and the pipe is connected through conical transition section on the same axis.
Eccentric reducers have different end sizes and are used to connect pipes with different diameters on the same axis.
ECC Reducer VS COC Reducer
- The joint effect of the two is that the diameter change needs to change from one specification to another.
- Concentric reducer is conducive to fluid flow, and the interference to fluid flow state is small when the diameter is reduced. Therefore, concentric reducers are used for gas and vertical flow liquid pipelines;
- One side of the eccentric reducer is flat, which is convenient for exhaust or liquid discharge, startup and maintenance. Therefore, eccentric reducer is generally used for horizontal liquid pipeline.
BW 90 degree elbow is formed by hot forming and connects steel pipes or other pipe fittings through butt welding process. Its function is to change the direction of the fluid by 90 degrees, so it is also called vertical elbow.
There are two types of butt welded elbow：Long radius(LR) and Short radius(SR).
Long radius ELBOW
Long radius elbow refers to the pipe outer diameter with radius of curvature equal to 1.5 times, i.e R = 1.5D.
Short radius ELBOW
Short radius elbow means that its radius of curvature is equal to the outer diameter of the tube, i.e R = 1.0D.
45 degree elbow VS 90 degree elbow
- The function of a 45 Degree Long Radius Elbow is same as 90 degrees long and short elbow, but the measurement and dimensions are different to that of a 90 degree long and the short elbow.
- The radius of both the 45 degree and 90 Degree long and short elbow is the same however, the center to face dimension is not equivalent due to the smaller degree of bend.
- Compared with 90 degree elbow, 45 degree elbow produces less friction and lower pressure.
|Size Range||1/2″ – 80″ / DN15 – 2000|
|Thickness Schedule||SCH 10,SCH 10S, SCH 20, SCH 40,SCH 40S, STD, XS,SCH 80, SCH 80S, SCH 100, SCH 120, SCH 160, XXS|
|China Standard||GB/T12459, GB/T13401, HG/T21635/21631, SH3408/3409|
|America Standard||ANSI / ASME B16.9 / MSS SP 43|
|apan Standard||JIS B2311/2312/2313|
|Carbon Steel||Q235, 20#, 35#, 45#, 20G,ASTM A234 WPB/WPC|
|Low Temp Carbon Steel||Q345B, 16Mn, ASTM A420 WPL6|
|Pipeline Steel||ASTM A860 WPHY 42 / 46 / 56 / 60 / 65|
|Alloy Steel||ASTM A234 WP11 / WP12 / WP 5 / WP9 / WP91 / WP92,15CrMoG, 12Cr1MoVG, 12Cr5Mo, 1Cr5Mo, Cr9Mo, 10CrMo910, 12CrMo4-5|
|Stainless Steel||ASTM A403 WP304/304L/304H, 316/316L, 310S, 321, 317,347,904L|
|Duplex Stainless Steel||ASTM A815 S32205, S31803, 32750, 32760|