BW Tees Elbows Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings
BW tees and elbows are both commonly used pipe fittings used to transport flow in piping system.Stainless steel pipe fittings re popular because of the an-ti corrosive function.Stainless steel pipe fittings can used over 50 years.
BW tees and elbows are both commonly used butt welded fittings in many industries.There are stainless steel pipe fittings in the picture.Stainless steel is created for high temperature/pressure and corrosive environments.It has has superior performance especially in the corrosive environment,design life over 50 years.
The end of Butt welded fittings are connected to the pipe system by butt welding.Butt weld fittings provide permanent leak-proof performance.BW fittings could made from seamless or welded pipe,and then through several processes formed to get the shape of pipe fittings.The type of the ends could be PE(plain end),BE(bevelled end) and THD(threaded end).
Steel pipe tee is a T-shaped pipe fitting with three branch pipes. It is used to divide pipes to adjust flow and change direction.Tees could be butt welded fittings or forged fittings.
The two types of tee are Equal and Reducing.
Equal diameter tee, also known as straight tee, the branch diameter of the tee is the same as the pipe diameter of the tee.
The reducing tee has two outlets cut at 90 degrees with the main pipe, and the size of the branch pipe is smaller than the port of the pipeline.
Equal Tee VS Reducing Tee
- Steel Equal Tee pipe fittings: The three branches of tee have same diameters.
- Steel Reducing Tee: The branch diameter is smaller than the main line diameter. Tee reducer is usually described as NPS diameters in 4”x 4”x 3”, 4”is the main line pipe diameter, and 3”is the reducing branch.
BW 90 degree elbow is formed by hot forming and connects steel pipes or other pipe fittings through butt welding process. Its function is to change the direction of the fluid by 90 degrees, so it is also called vertical elbow.
There are two types of butt welded elbow：Long Radius(LR) and Short Radius(SR).
Long Radius Elbow
Long radius elbow refers to the pipe outer diameter with radius of curvature equal to 1.5 times, i.e R = 1.5D.
Short Radius Elbow
Short radius elbow means that its radius of curvature is equal to the outer diameter of the tube, i.e R = 1.0D.
45 degree elbow VS 90 degree elbow
- The function of a 45 Degree Long Radius Elbow is same as 90 degrees long and short elbow, but the measurement and dimensions are different to that of a 90 degree long and the short elbow.
- The radius of both the 45 degree and 90 Degree long and short elbow is the same however, the center to face dimension is not equivalent due to the smaller degree of bend.
- Compared with 90 degree elbow, 45 degree elbow produces less friction and lower pressure.
|Size Range||1/2″ – 80″ / DN15 – 2000|
|Thickness Schedule||SCH 10,SCH 10S, SCH 20, SCH 40,SCH 40S, STD, XS,SCH 80, SCH 80S, SCH 100, SCH 120, SCH 160, XXS|
|China Standard||GB/T12459, GB/T13401, HG/T21635/21631, SH3408/3409|
|America Standard||ANSI / ASME B16.9 / MSS SP 43|
|apan Standard||JIS B2311/2312/2313|
|Carbon Steel||Q235, 20#, 35#, 45#, 20G,ASTM A234 WPB/WPC|
|Low Temp Carbon Steel||Q345B, 16Mn, ASTM A420 WPL6|
|Pipeline Steel||ASTM A860 WPHY 42 / 46 / 56 / 60 / 65|
|Alloy Steel||ASTM A234 WP11 / WP12 / WP 5 / WP9 / WP91 / WP92,15CrMoG, 12Cr1MoVG, 12Cr5Mo, 1Cr5Mo, Cr9Mo, 10CrMo910, 12CrMo4-5|
|Stainless Steel||ASTM A403 WP304/304L/304H, 316/316L, 310S, 321, 317,347,904L|
|Duplex Stainless Steel||ASTM A815 S32205, S31803, 32750, 32760|