A blind flange is a solid flange . The purpose of these is to block off a section of pipe or a nozzle on a vessel that is not used. (A nozzle is typically a pipe coming out of a vessel and is usually flanged so it can be connected to valves or piping). Many times a nozzle will be blanked off with a blind flange for pressure tests in a plant, or simply because the customer does not need all the nozzles that were supplied on the tank.
Raised face, flat face, and ring joint (RTJ) face seals.
The first two are more common in basic sealing applications, with RTJ being the face of choice for higher pressure applications.
- Water supply facilities
- Food industrial pipelines
- Chemical industrial pipelines
- Electronic industrial pipelines
- Air conditioning facility pipelines
- Agriculture and garden production transportation
- Pipeline network for solar energy facility