Rducing Tee Schedule 40
Pipe tees can be two types:Reducing Tee and Equal Tee.Both types of tees can branch the pipes in the piping systems.Schedule 40 is a wall thickness of the butt welded fittings,the commonly used schedules are SCH 40,SCH 80.
Steel tee is a T-shaped pipe fitting with three branch pipes. It is used to divide pipes to adjust flow and change direction.Schedule (SCH) 40 is represents one commonly used of the thickness of the welded fittings.
There are two types of steel pipe tee:Equal Tee and Reducing Tee.
Equal diameter tee, also known as straight tee, the branch diameter of the tee is the same as the pipe diameter of the tee.
The reducing tee has two outlets cut at 90 degrees with the main pipe, and the size of the branch pipe is smaller than the port of the pipeline.
The end of Butt welded fittings are connected to the pipe system by butt welding.Butt weld fittings provide permanent leak-proof performance.BW fittings could made from seamless or welded pipe,and then through several processes formed to get the shape of pipe fittings.The type of the ends could be PE(plain end),BE(bevelled end) and THD(threaded end).
- Good general corrosion resistance and high strength
- Good sulfide stress corrosion resistance
- Resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion
- Higher resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Easy to weld and conform
Equal Tee VS Reducing Tee
- Steel Equal Tee pipe fittings: The three branches of tee have same diameters.
- Steel Reducing Tee: The branch diameter is smaller than the main line diameter. Tee reducer is usually described as NPS diameters in 4”x 4”x 3”, 4”is the main line pipe diameter, and 3”is the reducing branch.
- Oil and gas transmissions
- Petroleum and Oil refining
- Water treatment systems
- Chemical Industries
|Size Range||1/2″ – 80″ / DN15 – 2000|
|Thickness Schedule||SCH 10,SCH 10S, SCH 20, SCH 40,SCH 40S, STD, XS,SCH 80, SCH 80S, SCH 100, SCH 120, SCH 160, XXS|
|China Standard||GB/T12459, GB/T13401, HG/T21635/21631, SH3408/3409|
|America Standard||ANSI / ASME B16.9 / MSS SP 43|
|apan Standard||JIS B2311/2312/2313|
|Carbon Steel||Q235, 20#, 35#, 45#, 20G,ASTM A234 WPB/WPC|
|Low Temp Carbon Steel||Q345B, 16Mn, ASTM A420 WPL6|
|Pipeline Steel||ASTM A860 WPHY 42 / 46 / 56 / 60 / 65|
|Alloy Steel||ASTM A234 WP11 / WP12 / WP 5 / WP9 / WP91 / WP92,15CrMoG, 12Cr1MoVG, 12Cr5Mo, 1Cr5Mo, Cr9Mo, 10CrMo910, 12CrMo4-5|
|Stainless Steel||ASTM A403 WP304/304L/304H, 316/316L, 310S, 321, 317,347,904L|
|Duplex Stainless Steel||ASTM A815 S32205, S31803, 32750, 32760|