Equal SW Tee Class 3000
SW tees have two types:Equal and Reducing.SW fittings have same ranges of size(1/8”-4”) and pressures(2000lb,3000lb,6000lb,9000lb).Class 3000 is the most common used among these pressures.Class 3000 can be labeled as 3M,where M means 1000,class 3000 fittings can withstand up to 3000 PSI.
Equal SW (socket weld) tee is a T-shaped pipe fitting with three branch pipes. It is used to divide pipes to adjust flow and change direction.
Socket Weld(SW) fittings are high pressure fittings which are used in the pipe system,and only in conjunction with ASME pipes.SW fittings have same ranges of size(1/8”-4”) and pressures(2000lb,3000lb,6000lb,9000lb).Class 3000 is the most common used among these pressures.Class 3000 can be labeled as 3M,where M means 1000,class 3000 fittings can withstand up to 3000 PSI.
There are two types of tee:Equal Tee and Reducing Tee.
Equal diameter tee, also known as straight tee, the branch diameter of the tee is the same as the pipe diameter of the tee.
The reducing tee has two outlets cut at 90 degrees with the main pipe, and the size of the branch pipe is smaller than the port of the pipeline.
- Good general corrosion resistance and high strength
- Good sulfide stress corrosion resistance
- Resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion
- Higher resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Easy to weld and conform
Equal Tee VS Reducing Tee
- Steel Equal Tee pipe fittings: The three branches of tee have same diameters.
- Steel Reducing Tee: The branch diameter is smaller than the main line diameter. Tee reducer is usually described as NPS diameters in 4”x 4”x 3”, 4”is the main line pipe diameter, and 3”is the reducing branch.
- Oil and gas transmissions
- Petroleum and Oil refining
- Water treatment systems
- Chemical Industries
|Size Range||1/8″ – 4″ / DN6 – DN100|
|Pressure Rating||Class 3000lbs, 6000lbs, 9000lbs|
|Standard||ASME B16.11, BS3799, EN 10241, MSS SP-83, MSS SP-97|
|Carbon Steel||ASTM A105 / A105N, ASTM A350 LF2/LF3, ASTM A694 F42 / 46 / 56 / 60 / 65, P235GH, P265GH, P280GH, P355GH|
|Alloy Steel||ASTM A182 F11 / 12 / 5 / 9 / 91 / 92 / 22|
|Stainless Steel||ASTM A182 F304/304L/304H, 316/316L, 321, 310S, 317, 347, 904L，1.4404, 1.4437.|
|Duplex Stainless Steel||ASTM A182 F51, F53, F44|